Fish Curry- South Indian Style
Fish broth has a special place in non-vegetarian dishes. Fish gives the body the energy it needs.
Servings: 4 people
- 750 gms Fish
- 1 cup Onion big
- 5 Onion small
- 1/2 Coconut
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbsp Corriander powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
- Tamarind small size
- Curry Leaves
- Clean the fish and rub it with turmeric powder and salt.
- Peel and chop the onions 5 of the small onions.
- Big onion chop it to medium size and reserve ¼th of them.
- Grind the coconut, tomato and the reserved onions to a fine paste.
- To this add the Corriander, Chilli, Turmeric powders and grind again.
- Extract the tamarind juice and mix it with the ground paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a pan. Any cooking oil can be used.
- When the oil is hot add the fenugreek seeds and add the curry leaves and onions and fry until the onions turns colour.
- Then add the ground paste with some water. This has to bubble of for atleast 20 mins.
- Use more water if the curry is thick.
- Then add the fish of your choice. Fish goes very well for this recipe.
- Cook the curry till the fish is cooked.
- Pour over the remaining sesame oil on the curry and close it with a lid and enjoy.
I have tried some other fish curry recipes as well, but none is as good as this one. The fish curry taste even better the next day.